up to Mike Wolfberg's Home Page
Mike Wolfberg's Badminton Page
Since I am an active player in some of the Boston area
badminton clubs, I want to provide this info for others who are
interested. For completeness, I note both private and closed
clubs in the area, but my main focus is on the public groups,
which tend to play from October through April in various school
and town gyms around the Boston metropolitan area.
Also, there is some group which plays in Worcester at Worcester Polytech,
but no one has provided enough details to me to provide a page.
- Eastern MA and Southern NH Clubs
- according to Mike Wolfberg, * = a year-round club:
UNH, Durham, NH*,
Harvard Univ., Cambridge,
Marlboro - with classes in Westboro,
Newton Highlands for Kids (Summer),
New London, NH*,
- Eastern MA Classes and Coaching -
included on this page is some general badminton info
- http://sites.google.com/site/massbadminton/ - web site for Massachusetts Inter-Club League
Rally Point Scoring and Laws
Scoring Example for Doubles
How to extend shuttle life during dry times
- Boston Open Tournament -
held at MIT, this annual springtime event is usually the best place
to see high-quality play in New England.
The 2016 Boston Open was held April 29 - May 1, 2016.
- Badminton Tournament at the Summer Bay State Games
- open to athletes from MA, NH, VT, ME, RI will be held July 16-17, 2016 in Westborough, MA
- Northeast U.S.
Badminton Association Web Site
- USA Badminton Web
Site - with lots of info, including rules and commercial
sites, and links to many other badminton sites
- Badminton around the World a
site with a lot of badminton info, including commercial
- Doubles Tactics: Part 1 &
- Badminton info from Wikipedia
- Please use these links to shop for
This provides some benefit to me at no extra cost to you. Thanks! However, badminton products in general seem to be priced lower at the web stores I mention below.
One product I have highly recommended from Amazon is the CSI #222 net, but I have been told their product has changed somewhat.
- Winning Sports (commercial vendor in the Boston area)
- for all Badminton Needs + Full Stringing Service
Authorized dealers for: Yonex, Li-Ning, Wilson, Head, Black Knight, Ashaway, Karakal, Adidas (see
http://www.RacketSportsUSA.com, but contact this vendor for competitive pricing and to order direct)
Cliff Wenn & Szilvia Szombati,
- Boston Badminton in Westborough, MA. offers restringing by Lee Chern and Thomas Yang.
- In the Boston area, player and coach
strings badminton racquets at a reasonable price.
During the school year, he plays in
Arlington on Mondays and
Thursdays and in Winchester on
Tuesdays; he is also often at the
Maugus Club in Wellesley.
- In the Boston area, player
strings badminton and other kinds of racquets at a reasonable price.
He lives in Andover and works near Route 9 in Framingham.
- NRC Sports in Paxton, MA near Worcester - a small store with a larger web-based business
- San Diego Badminton Supply commercial vendor site I recommend
- Yonex commercial manufacturer site
- shuttlecock101.com a web-based commercial vendor with good prices for feathered birds, such as Aeroplane EG1130 and SG1130